Architectural asphalt shingles offer consumers the broadest array of colors, shapes, and textures available. With an enormous range of styles, architectural asphalt shingles can match almost every type of architectural design and achieve virtually any desired effect – and do it affordably.
Benefits of Architectural Asphalt Shingles
- Product Performance. Architectural asphalt shingles perform well in extreme temperatures and in areas where wind, water, and ice are prevalent.
- Affordability. The efficient, high-volume production and relatively low application cost of architectural asphalt shingles provide consumers with an overall value that’s tough for other roofing materials to match, especially in terms of comparable life expectancy.
- Low Maintenance. Architectural asphalt shingles, when properly chosen and applied, require little or no regular upkeep, and are easily repaired if damaged.
- Ease of Application. Architectural Asphalt shingles are considered to be the easiest of all standard roofing materials to apply. In addition, the flexibility and strength of architectural asphalt shingles supports their application on a wide variety of roof designs.
- Fire and Wind Resistance. Architectural asphalt shingles are manufactured to resist external fire and flammability standards, and carry Class A, B or C fire ratings, with Class A providing the greatest fire resistance. These fire ratings are defined by nationally recognized standards and tested by independent testing agencies. In addition, many architectural asphalt shingles carrying a “wind resistance” label indicate that they have been manufactured and tested to demonstrate acceptable resistance in high-wind locations.”