James Hardie is the world leader in fiber cement technology. James Hardie pioneered the development of fiber cement siding in the 1980s and has since steadily expanded the product’s durability, versatility and strength. Their products are currently protecting over four million homes across the U.S. James Hardie’s latest advancement, siding that is engineered for your local climate, ensures that every home can have an exterior specifically designed for the climatic conditions of the region.
James Hardie siding products include HardiePlank® lap siding, HardiePanel® vertical siding, HardieShingle® siding, HardieTrim® boards, HardieSoffit® panels, Artisan® Exterior Design, Colorplus® Technology and HardieWrap® Weather Barrier.
All James Hardie siding comes with a 30-year nonprorated, limited transferable product warranty.
No building material can guarantee a fireproof home, but there are some preventative measures that a homeowner can take to better prepare for fires— like installing a non-combustible home exterior.
The property damage from tornados can be staggering. Due to its impact resistance against hail and windblown debris, fiber-cement siding has been specified by tornado-zone building codes for building homes in hurricane-, tornado-, and wildfire-prone areas.
Moisture & Rot
Rot doesn’t have to ruin your home.
No one has control over the weather. So it’s best to choose siding that resists severe climates and damage from precipitation, like James Hardie fiber-cement siding. James Hardie Siding is warranted not to rot, warp or delaminate. In addition, James Hardie Siding is five times thicker than vinyl siding so it’s warranted against hail damage and can be installed to withstand winds up to 150 MPH. That means you can rest assured—storm after storm, season after season—knowing that the weather outside is not affecting your siding.
- A longer paint cycle that can help save you up to $5,000 (on average) over 15 years*
- The #1 return on investment and superior siding value for remodeling projects, (Remodeling Magazine’s annual “Cost vs. Value Report,” 2008)
- Lower homeowner insurance premiums (14% lower on average) compared to vinyl siding**
- No need to hire – and pay for – an additional on-site painting contractor
- Up to a 30-year limited transferrable product warranty, as well as a 15-year finish warranty covering both paint and labor***
- No waiting for optimal weather conditions to finish and start enjoying your
- James Hardie-sided home
*Actual cost savings may vary. Based on average repainting cost of a 3,000 sq. ft. home.
**Actual cost savings may vary. Based on average insurance costs of $1,900 a year.
*** Please see warranty.